- Small tablet for easy swallowing
- Optimum form for maximum absorption (D3)
- For healthy bones and teeth
- Supports the healthy functioning of the immune system
- Needed for maintaining overall wellbeing
This is a low strength vitamin D supplement ideal for children and those needing maintenance dosage (e.g. after being on a high dose). The vitamin is in the D3 form (Cholecalciferol) which is the specific form made in the human body and therefore preferred over vitamin D2.
WHAT IS VITAMIN D?
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin mainly synthesised in the body by exposure to sunlight. According to the department of health, a quarter of the UK population have low levels of vitamin D in their blood and considers the following groups at risk for deficiency.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, especially young women and teenagers.
- Children under 5 years of age.
- Those older than 65.
- People who have low or no exposure to the sun, for example those whose skin is normally covered or are housebound / con ned indoors for long periods.
- People with darker skin, because their bodies are not able to make as much vitamin D.The function of vitamin D in the body is extremely wide ranging and is therefore essential for optimum wellbeing. Most importantly, it is a key factor in the regulation of calcium and phosphate absorption, vital for maintaining healthy bones. Additionally, it has a signi cant role in supporting the immune system as well aiding normal cell division and muscle function.
One tablet daily with or after food, or as professionally directed.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 400iu, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.