Available in size 30 and 90 capsules
- High strength
- Designed for maximum absorption
- Capsule can be opened up and mixed into food or drink for those who have difficulty swallowing
- For healthy bones and teeth 9 Supports overall wellbeing
Containing 2500iu of vitamin D in the excellently absorbed D3 form (Cholecalciferol) which is the specific form made in the human body and therefore preferred over vitamin D2. Ideal for anyone who needs to boost their levels of this essential nutrient.
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin mainly synthesised in the body by exposure to sunlight. According to the department of health, a quarter of the UK population have low levels of vitamin D in their blood and considers the following groups at risk for deficiency:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, especially young women and teenagers.
- Children under 5 years of age.
- Those older than 65.
- People who have low or no exposure to the sun, for example those whose skin is normally covered or are housebound / con ned indoors for long periods.
- People with darker skin, because their bodies are not able to make as much vitamin D.
The function of vitamin D in the body is extremely wide ranging and is therefore essential for optimum wellbeing. Most importantly, it is a key factor in the regulation of calcium and phosphate absorption, vital for maintaining healthy bones. Additionally, it has a significant role in supporting the immune system as well aiding normal cell division and muscle function.
Low blood levels of vitamin D have been associated with:
- Asthma in children
- Cognitive problems in adults
- Cardiovascular and related diseases
- Increased respiratory tract infections
- Increased risk of multiple sclerosis (MS)
Extreme deficiency causes bone deformities in children and bone pain and tenderness (osteomalacia) in adults.
One tablet daily with or after food, or as professionally directed.
Vitamins D3 (cholecalciferol), Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline, Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.